Joe. Black crack. Java. Rocket fuel. Go juice. While we all lovingly nickname our coffee differently, we are in universal agreement that motherhood is largely a case of survival of the most caffeinated.
Well, now there’s a new brew in town promising even more energy, better focus (goodbye mum brain) and many more health benefits than your average hit. It even happens to be named after all of you super mamas out there … Introducing “Bulletproof”.
Basically, Bulletproof is black coffee blended with grass-fed butter and a form of oil such as coconut or the king of all healthy oils, MCT (medium-chain triglycerides). Let’s say it’s an acquired taste, but not nearly as gross as it sounds.
The fat from the butter and oil is said to keep you fuller for longer, avoid the jitter effect that comes from normal coffee and also give you more sustained energy all while instigating weight loss. Founder of this worldwide health trend, Dave Asprey, claims bulletproof will “supercharge your brain function and create effortless fat loss with no cravings”. His research also led to the discovery that when milk is added to your cuppa it inhibits the absorption of vital nutrients in coffee.
Millions of cups of bulletproof were sold in the U.S alone last year, so there’s clearly something going for it. However, it’s highly recommended you consult your doctor to see if bulletproof is right for you.
HOW TO BECOME BULLETPROOF
– 1 cup of hot black coffee (filter, instant or whatever you have handy is fine)
– 1 tablespoon of grass-fed unsalted butter
– 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil or MCT oil (available from health food stores)
– Blend until it appears creamy
If you want to supercharge it even more throw in these optional extras:
– Cinnamon (Stabilises blood sugar)
– Turmeric (Anti inflammatory properties to fight cold and flu)
– Collagen powder (For healthy hair, skin and nails)